Creating a Stress Free Holiday
Are you ready for a STRESS FREE Holiday?
The holidays are here!
And as much fun as they are… they can lead to quite a bit of stress.
So… you likely have several invitations to gatherings collecting on your counter, a long list of people you need to send holiday cards to, and the daunting task of braving the shopping mall crowds to find the gifts for your loved ones. All of this, on top of your normal every day life. It can be overwhelming to say the least… BUT since we are all intent on bringing the JOY… we’ve got this covered!
Here are some of my favorite ways to keep feeling LIVELY while the season ramps up:
These secret weapons of mine include…
Put forth great effort to be present.
Ahh, yes, being present… so this is what I’ll be doing:
- Stop the SCROLL!!! Decide on a time that you are DONE with your phone (preferably before dinner) and BE done with it. No scrolling after this time.
- Rather than zoning out to TV at the end of the night, listen to Christmas music and admire your tree, if you have one. Or play a game of cards and chat with someone rather than scrolling through the phone or Netflix.
Give up those expectations.
- A lot of the stress we put on ourselves this season lies in the notion that we expect things to be perfect. Let that go! Who cares if your gifts aren’t perfectly wrapped and ribboned or if half a string of your lights keeps going out. Life will go on!
- There is joy to be found in each situation, so even when things don’t go exactly as planned – spend your energy finding gratitude in your circumstances and enjoying as much of your time as you possibly can. Tis the season!
Find time to move.
- Did you think that I would actually write something about making the most of the holidays and NOT mention exercise? Just keep moving, my friends! And don’t fall into the “all or nothing” mindset this time of year, so what you can and remember: something is ALWAYS better than nothing!
- And drink more water… (had to sneak that one in too 😉
So there it is. Now, I want you to pick one thing in each category that YOU will do over the next several weeks to keep you feeling your MOST lively.
And you know I love when you share, so comment below and let me know what you’ve decided!
PS: Need a little more support during this time?
Check out my video coaching series and tune in when you need a quick fix!